Are you fascinated by publishing and technology? Does your ideal job require continual learning and evolution? Do you enjoy delicious pastries and other baked goods? Perfect.
We are currently looking for a new team member.
The technical consultant designs and implements publishing solutions for a variety of customers in manufacturing, life sciences, financial, and other content-heavy industries. The technical consultant analyzes customer problems, recommends solutions, and builds workflows that meet customer requirements.
We are looking for someone who enjoys solving complex technical problems, excels at mastering new technologies, and sees a variety of projects as an opportunity rather than an annoyance.
- Team player
- At least five years of development experience using XML, DITA, XSLT, XSL-FO, DITA-OT/DTDs, web technologies, and other standards-based publishing tools and technologies
- Experience implementing and configuring XML and component content management systems
- Expert knowledge of topic-based, modular writing concepts
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills
- An excellent attitude and a sense of humor
- Content strategy and information architecture
- Scripting languages
- Experience with print publishing tools (such as InDesign and FrameMaker)
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Experience with translation workflows
- Experience working in a distributed organization
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. PDF resumes are preferred over Word files. Please, no phone calls and no agencies.
Location: Remote anywhere in the United States as long as you are available during core working hours (10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern time). Our main office is in Research Triangle Park (Durham), North Carolina. Candidates outside the U.S., please apply if you are interested in contracting, but note that you will not be eligible for employee benefits.
On-site expectations: We are currently 100% remote including RTP-area employees. Normally, RTP-area employees come to the office two days a week for internal meetings. Remote employees come to RTP roughly once per quarter.
Salary: Depends on experience with a broad range from entry level ($40K) to senior (up to $120K) for full-time employees.
Benefits: Full-time employees at Scriptorium Publishing enjoy a flexible, dynamic working environment with interesting projects. Scriptorium provides a full array of benefits, including paid vacation and sick time, health insurance, 401k with matching, disability insurance, flexible working hours, and bonuses.
Scriptorium is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.