Are you fascinated by publishing and technology? Does your ideal job require continual learning and evolution? Do you enjoy delicious pastries and other baked goods? Perfect.
We do not have a job opening right now, but let us know if you have skills that match our technical consultant position. Are you contractor with the specialized skills listed below? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The technical consultant designs and implements publishing solutions for a variety of customers in manufacturing, life sciences, financial, and other content-heavy industries. The technical consultant analyzes customer problems, recommends solutions, and builds workflows that meet customer requirements.
We are looking for someone who enjoys solving complex technical problems, excels at mastering new technologies, and sees a variety of projects as an opportunity rather than an annoyance.
- Team player
- Expert knowledge of XML, DITA, XSL, DITA-OT, web technologies, and other standards-based publishing tools and technologies
- Experience implementing and configuring XML and component content management systems
- Expert knowledge of topic-based, modular writing concepts
- Outstanding client management skills
- Outstanding technical communication skills
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills
- An excellent attitude and a sense of humor
- Available for up to 25% travel
- Expert understanding of content strategy and information architecture
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Experience with a wide variety of publishing tools (structured FrameMaker a big plus)
- Experience with print and ebook production
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Experience with translation workflows
- Certified Technical Trainer credential
- Experience with marketing and sales of professional services
- Prior consulting or freelance experience
- Experience working in a distributed organization
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PDF resumes are preferred. Please, no phone calls and no agencies.
Location: We currently have employees in Research Triangle Park (Durham), North Carolina; we also have an employee in the Capital District of New York (Clifton Park). Candidates in those locations are preferred. For very experienced candidates (not interns), we will consider other locations.
Full-time employees at Scriptorium Publishing enjoy a flexible, dynamic working environment with interesting projects. Scriptorium provides a full array of benefits, including paid vacation and sick time, health insurance, 401k with matching, disability insurance, flexible working hours, and bonuses.
Relocation is not available.
Scriptorium is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.