We are not looking for a new team member now, but we are always interested in hearing from people with skills that are a good match for our technical consultant position.
The technical consultant designs and implements publishing solutions for a variety of customers in manufacturing, life sciences, financial, and other content-heavy industries. The technical consultant analyzes customer problems, recommends solutions, and builds workflows that meet customer requirements.
We are looking for someone who enjoys solving complex technical problems, excels at mastering new technologies, and sees a variety of projects as an opportunity rather than an annoyance.
- Team player
- At least five years of development experience using XML, DITA, XSLT, XSL-FO, DITA-OT/DTDs, web technologies, and other standards-based publishing tools and technologies
- Experience implementing and configuring XML and component content management systems
- Expert knowledge of topic-based, modular writing concepts
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills
- An excellent attitude and a sense of humor
- Content strategy and information architecture
- Scripting languages
- Experience with print publishing tools (such as InDesign and FrameMaker)
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Experience with translation workflows
- Experience working in a distributed organization
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. PDF resumes are preferred over Word files. Please, no phone calls and no agencies.
Scriptorium is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.