Are you fascinated by publishing and technology? Does your ideal job require continual learning and evolution? Do you enjoy delicious pastries and other baked goods? Perfect.
We are currently looking for a new team member.
We will consider both experienced candidates (for technical consultant), entry-level candidates (for intern), and someone in-between the two. Be sure to tell us where you think you fall in your cover letter. And whether you prefer donuts or muffins.
We are looking for someone who enjoys solving complex technical problems, excels at mastering new technologies, and sees a variety of projects as an opportunity rather than an annoyance.
- Team player
- Expert knowledge of XML, DITA, XSL, DITA-OT, web technologies, and other standards-based publishing tools and technologies
- Experience implementing and configuring XML and content management systems
- Understanding of topic-based, modular writing concepts
- Outstanding client management skills
- Outstanding technical communication skills
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills
- An excellent attitude and a sense of humor
- Available for up to 25% travel
- Expert understanding of content strategy and information architecture
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Experience with a wide variety of publishing tools
- Experience with print and ebook production
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Experience with translation workflows
- Certified Technical Trainer credential
- Experience with marketing and sales of professional services
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of work experience
- Knowledge of HTML
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A degree or coursework in technical communication, web design, UX, information science, or similar areas
- Experience with digital video and screencasts
- Experience creating technical documentation: technical writing, technical editing, desktop publishing
- Experience with XML and/or DITA
- Additional language proficiencies
- An interest in either cooking or eating
As the intern, you will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including the following:
- Supporting consultants on client projects
- QA work
- Newsletter and web site updates
- Organizing and administering webcasts
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems
Interns become eligible for permanent employment after 6–12 months. Internships are regular, paid positions and are eligible for employee benefits, including health insurance and 401(k) with matching company contributions. We will consider both full-time and part-time interns. Please specify your preference.
Location: We currently have employees in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and in Albany, New York. Candidates in those locations are preferred. For very experienced candidates (not interns), we will consider other locations.
Full-time employees at Scriptorium Publishing enjoy a flexible, dynamic working environment with interesting projects. Scriptorium provides a full array of benefits, including paid vacation and sick time, health insurance, 401k with matching, disability insurance, flexible working hours, and bonuses.
Relocation is not available.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PDF resumes are preferred. Please, no phone calls and no agencies.
Scriptorium is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.