Are you fascinated by publishing and technology? Does your ideal job require continual learning and evolution? Do you enjoy delicious pastries and other baked goods? Perfect.
Are you a great writer with an interest in applying technology to publishing? We are looking for an intern to join our team. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong technical aptitude combined with excellent writing skills; for example, a liberal arts degree and demonstrated interest in web technologies or a computer science degree and demonstrated writing ability.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of work experience
- Knowledge of HTML
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A degree or coursework in technical communication, web design, UX, information science, or similar areas
- Experience with digital video and screencasts
- Experience creating technical documentation: technical writing, technical editing, desktop publishing
- Experience with XML and/or DITA
- Additional language proficiencies
- An interest in either cooking or eating
As the intern, you will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including the following:
- Supporting consultants on client projects
- QA work
- Newsletter and web site updates
- Organizing and administering webcasts
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems
Interns become eligible for permanent employment after 6–12 months. Internships are regular, paid positions and are eligible for employee benefits, including health insurance and 401(k) with matching company contributions. We will consider both full-time and part-time interns. Please specify your preference.
Location: We currently have employees in Research Triangle Park (Durham), North Carolina; we also have an employee in the Capital District of New York (Clifton Park). Candidates in those locations are preferred. For very experienced candidates (not interns), we will consider other locations.
Full-time employees at Scriptorium Publishing enjoy a flexible, dynamic working environment with interesting projects. Scriptorium provides a full array of benefits, including paid vacation and sick time, health insurance, 401k with matching, disability insurance, flexible working hours, and bonuses.
Relocation is not available.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. PDF resumes are preferred. Please, no phone calls and no agencies.
Scriptorium is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.