The State of Structure
In early 2009, Scriptorium Publishing conducted a survey to measure how and why technical communicators are adopting structured authoring.
Of the 616 responses:
- 29 percent of respondents indicated that they had already implemented structured authoring.
- 16 percent indicated that they do not plan to implement structured authoring.
- 14 percent were in the process of implementing structured authoring.
- 20 percent were planning to do so.
- 21 percent were considering it.
This report summarizes our findings on topics including the reasons for implementing structure, the adoption rate for DITA and other standards, and the selection of authoring tools.
Download (2 MB, 56 pages)
Discuss this document in our forum