At the STC conference, I used my handy camera phone to take a picture of Adobe’s FrameMaker booth, complete with FrameMaker product manager. I planned to post that picture here.[envision the lovely FrameMaker booth with Adobe representation]
Unfortunately, the phone ate the picture. You’ll have to take my word for the following:
- Adobe was represented at the STC conference.
- The booth had FrameMaker signage.
- The FrameMaker product manager was present in the booth.
I also ran into numerous friends and colleagues, including:
- Dieter Gust and Michael Plattner of ITL (German page, English page). Among other things, they have been organizing FrameMaker user conferences in Germany for the past decade or so.
- Paula Berger, the incoming Second Vice President of STC. Paula was last seen running into a session because she was late. And on the panel. Paula should be a contestant on Overcommitted Idol.
- Nick Rosenthal of Salford Translations, who is more fun to hang around with than anyone in the localization business should be.
- Joe Welinske, who was likely scouting for next year’s crop of presenters.
- Folks I would loosely characterize as Fellow Consultants: Alan Houser, Neil Perlin, Kit Brown, Dave Kmiec, and others.
- I ran into a surprising number of North Carolina-based folks, which led to some major cognitive dissonance. But thanks for sharing your umbrella, Greg!
- People I have Trained: Donna C., Justin B., and others
- People Who Wanted to Ask Me Questions
- Apologies to anyone I missed. It was a crazy couple of days.