That’s a wrap on LearningDITA Live 2018!
Last week, we hosted our first web-based conference, LearningDITA Live 2018. Thank you so much to everyone who attended the sessions — we had a total of 982 people who registered for the event!
LearningDITA Live 2018 consisted of four days of sessions on various aspects of DITA, broadcast online via GoToWebinar. The program offered presentations on both the technical and strategic sides of DITA, including case studies that demonstrated the use of DITA in the real world. Scriptorium consultants, LearningDITA sponsors, clients, and special guests shared their time and knowledge with attendees through their presentations.
The conference included sessions on the following topics:
- DITA Overview
- You got DITA in my minimalism! You got minimalism in my DITA!
- Teaching (and learning) with DITA at the college level
- The business value of DITA
- Improving the quality of your DITA documentation
- Localization strategy for DITA
- Managing DITA projects in the real world
- Faster content, better healthcare: improving cancer diagnostics with electronic delivery
- DITA for agile documentation
- DITA specialization overview
- Developing learning content in DITA
- Starting small with structured content management
- Delivering a consistent content experience. Everywhere. Everyday.
- When conversion makes sense
- DITA and InDesign
Recordings of many of these sessions are now available on the LearningDITA site, and we will be adding all of the others throughout this week. If you missed any of the sessions, you can watch them as part of the LearningDITA Live 2018 recordings course. Like all of our other LearningDITA courses, this one is free with registration.
We would like to thank all of our sponsors for making this event possible: Adobe, oXygen, DCL, DITAExchange, easyDITA, IXIASOFT, LavaCon, and Ovitas.
If you attended LearningDITA Live 2018, we’d love to know what you thought. We are sending out an overall conference evaluation to everyone who registered. If you have any questions about the event, or the LearningDITA project in general, please contact us at [email protected].